Why do people need medical apps?
Several main reasons can be identified:
Patients and caregivers can use the app to track their health conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, pregnancy, mental health, etc.
Allow medical professionals to share and report patients’ medical records with remote patient monitoring software anywhere. Keep track of medications, their analogs, and correct medication intake.
Key steps for building a medical app
The process of developing a personal medical app, like any other app, begins with identifying your target audience and includes typical steps such as researching competitors, choosing a feature set, choosing a technology stack, and writing the code itself.
Understand your user
When we talk about consumer expectations, it means getting to know your customers, and your target audience, better. Many activities are simplified if you understand your user: developing a superior product, defining product features, and developing a strategic and profitable promotion plan are all examples of working with your target audience. Gather the necessary information about the user’s personality by conducting research and establishing critical demographic criteria.
Think about security
Enhanced security is an important way to protect users’ sensitive health information. What you can do here:
- Two-factor authentication, also known as two-step verification, is a form of multifactor security that uses both a password and a one-time code sent to the phone;
- To protect against possible security threats, shorten your session mode to a certain amount of time;
- Personal information should be treated with caution. It is not recommended to use colorful and eye-catching fonts in medical apps to make them safer to run in public places.
What features to include in a medical app
Start with the most important features of each personal medical app.
- Account authorization: make this process quick and easy, but remember that it needs to be secure as you are working with a lot of personal information.
- User Profile: for users to enter general information about themselves with the ability to change it.
- Tracking: allow users to control all their data, get quick access to it and provide filtering by period and medical categories.
- Categorization: users need to categorize their medical records and doctor appointments.
- Notifications: get notifications about upcoming appointments.
- You can also add additional features to your personal medical app.
Choose a tech stack.
When you get to the app with a list of features and a general image of your medical app, decide on the tools and technology you will use to build the app. These tools and tools will include libraries, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
For the front end, it’s ReactJS, NextJS.
The backend stack often includes NestJS, Hasura, and AWS Lambda.
Databases need to be secure and be able to process queries quickly. Some of the best options include Postgres.
Depending on the complexity of your personal medical application, you may need to consider integrating the functionality of API solutions with artificial intelligence.
It’s also important to decide whether you will use a native application or a cross-platform one, as this will require adapting the technical stack.
Create a user-friendly UX design
Controls should be simple in a personal medical app. Think about user flow and switching between screens. Show only the information you need at a moment’s notice so as not to overwhelm users.
We recommend using simple language so that everything is easy to understand. The medical app should not be associated with unknown terminology.
Test and run
When the medical app development phase is almost complete, and you’re ready to submit your first MVP, have your QA team test everything properly. It will be helpful to involve people with a medical background in the process.
Once everything is tested and improved, launch your medical app. Keep in mind that launching doesn’t just mean putting the product in stores. There is a marketing strategy behind a successful app.
Tips for building a powerful medical app
To summarize, here’s a list of tips to help you create a powerful personal medical app:
- Think about your customers and their needs. Always build your development process around users’ needs and expectations and provide them with an effective medical tool.
- Keep it simple. User-friendly UX design and data visualization will not leave users indifferent.
- Security is a must. Ensure customers have their data protected.
- Making a medical app in 2022 is a great idea. Don’t hold back just because of the high competition. Being able to control your health in a mobile app is what users want. You can try to make your own app yourself or contact the Binariks team.
Individual healthcare solutions from Binariks
- Corporate websites – your clinic website will help maintain a healthy relationship in the team and will be the face of your company to clients.
- Marketplaces – selling your services as well as related medical products and medications will be more convenient and faster with a digital marketplace.
- Big data – Big data analysis can also be used in making diagnoses and automating conclusions from analyses.
- IoT – wearable devices have become indispensable in remote medicine, reducing queues in your clinic, but expanding your customer base at the same time.
- Software development – work with clients, data analysis, or a specific device, in any case, medical software increases the income of the clinic.
- Applications – convenient schedule of appointments for both patients and doctors, accounting and analysis of daily well-being, synchronization with devices, and regular reminders about important events and changes in one place.
- CRM / ERP – working with clients and company resources becomes the key to the company’s success, and therefore it is worth automating and optimizing in the first place.
- tms / wms – transport and warehouse management will help the pharmacy business to reduce unnecessary costs, increase productivity and enter new markets.
How we do it
- We find out the needs and goals of your business and analyze the target audience and competitors.
- We select a solution that is suitable for your business.
- We think through the user path, and create a sample of all functionality.
- The layout of the future product for full visualization of the result.
- We draw the appearance of the software product, develop the software part and create the interface.
- Ready functionality of medical software.
- We make sure that the product meets all requirements and standards, and find and eliminate all errors.
- We guarantee high-quality software for medicine.
- Furthermore, we bring the product to the market, help to implement them in the work processes of your company and provide technical support.
- Your medical software is launched and helps your business grow.