A well-organised office is conducive to productivity. Keeping things in neat order will harness creativity, reduce distraction, and let you produce the best possible output. But how do you keep a workspace from looking like a disaster? Try the following hacks and learn.
- Keep the wires out of sight. If there is one office feature that could silently kill your peace of mind, it would be those cords that typically adorn your desk from the gadgets and devices you use to get your tasks done. Find a way to tie them up and keep them hidden to reduce visual clutter. It will reduce your stress as well.
- Maximise the use of storage containers. There are countless office storage bins and baskets available, and they are just waiting to be utilised. However, since your goal is to organise your office things, you must stop yourself from getting carried away buying all the storage options you could get a hand on. Remember that quality is more important than quantity. The extra drawers and boxes can do nothing more than add to your office clutter.
- Label away. An efficient utility to keep your office things systematically such as a Really Useful Storage Box serves its purpose best if you keep it with the correct label that state its content. That will keep you from struggling each time you need to find something, especially during crunch time. Ensure all your boxes, cabinets, and other storage have their name tags, so you know at first sight what they have inside. It will save you a lot of time and frustration if you do so. After all, the whole point of organising is keeping everything within reach when you need it. When your storage has labels, you will not have to cram whenever you need to get something.
- Use your wall space for storage. Offices tend to have empty walls that look dull. Give them a new life by using them to store office supplies, mails, electronics, or just about anything you can hang to keep accessible. It will give you the double purpose of having an accent wall and keeping your things within reach.
- Take control of your paper clutter. Usually, it is the number of documents that pile up and clutter your desk like crazy. To ensure things do not get out of hand, set aside some time from your workday to go through the papers and categorise them, shredding what you no longer need and keeping the important ones in a neat, colour-coded filing system.
Office organisation is key to a comfortable and productive workspace. Keep it clutter-free and your supplies neatly piled up so you will never have a problem with desk space. While you are at it, remember that you also need to keep your necessities within an arm’s reach. That way, you can work in a fluid motion while boosting your productivity, helping you to get things done every single workday.